The 4-year B.E. Computer Science & Engineering program is offered at Chitkara University Institute of Engineering & Technology (Punjab) and Chitkara School of Engineering and Technology (Himachal Pradesh).
The fundamental objective of our Computer Science program is to provide the opportunity for our students to develop a firm foundation in Mathematics, Science and design methodology of computing systems. Our course covers all fundamentals, working and expert subjects that provide a holistic learning environment where students understand and are able to apply the most contemporary and essential tools needed in the breadth and depth of Computer Science & Engineering.
STUDENT OUTCOMES FOR OUR COMPUTER SCIENCE PROGRAMS
- An ability to design a software or digital hardware system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Knowledge of probability and statistics, including applications to Computer Science and Engineering.
- Knowledge of Mathematics through differential and integral calculus, basic science, Computer Science, and engineering sciences, necessary to analyze and design complex systems containing hardware and software components, as appropriate to Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of advanced Mathematics, including linear algebra, numerical computing methods for engineering, and discrete Mathematics.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- Knowledge of concepts of programming languages.
- Knowledge of computer organisation and architecture.
- Knowledge of theoretical foundations.
- Knowledge of problem analysis and solution design.
- An ability to apply Mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and Computer Science theory in modeling and design of Computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
Our curriculum lays intensive focus on:
Computer Programming And Problem Solving / Object Oriented Paradigm & Programming/ Digital Logic / Data Structures & Algorithms/ Computer Architecture & Organisation / Algorithm Design & Analysis / Microprocessor & Interfacing / Operating Systems / Computer Networks / Programming Language Translators / Graphics And Multimedia / Database Systems / Software Engineering / Internet & Web Programming / Image & Vision Computing / Software Project Management / Mobile Computing / Operations Research / Information Security / Cloud Computing / Wireless Networks / Concurrent & Distributed Systems / Data Warehousing & Data Mining
CUTTING EDGE LABS
Chitkara University has excellent infrastructure, including domain specific laboratories associated with the technical divisions. Industry leaders like IBM, Cisco, Google, Microsoft & nVidia have established their laboratories in collaboration with the School. Major Laboratories include: Theoretical Computer Science and Language Processing/ Open Source technologies/ Data technology/ Grid-Cloud Computing/ Software Systems/ Computational Intelligence, High Performance Computing/ Mobile Computing and Intel Multi-core laboratories and Image Processing. All labs are equipped with the latest Hardware & Software for the upgradation of education and upliftment of research for students to meet the challenging needs of the IT sector.
We have leading blue chip companies such as; Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Infosys, Wipro & HCL Technologies coming to campus year after year for recruitment events.